Getting to us by tram or bus

Traveling to school and college is a great way for young people to develop their confidence and independence. There’s a great transport network on our doorstep with the tram or bus especially ideal ways to reach Health Futures. Maps and information showing stops and main routes can be found at
And a useful journey planner can be found at


Journey planning with Network West Midlands/Centro

We work closely with Network West Midlands Centro Travel and Sandwell Council to provide journey planning information and options. Useful information can be found at
Representatives from the Centro team regularly attend Health Futures UTC Open Events where they provide lots of advice and information about travel options and journey passes and costs. You can also find out lots more on their website

Subsidised Student Travel Passes

Health Futures UTC operates a generous travel subsidy scheme that benefits a significant number of our students, of all ages. Full details of eligibility and entitlements can be found in our Student Travel Subsidy Policy via the following link

HFUTC Travel Subsidy Policy

An application form for student travel subsidy can be downloaded here:

HFUTC Travel Subsidy Application Form

Student Photo Card (16-18 year olds)

This is a scheme that enables 16-18 year old students to purchase an identity card, entitling them to travel on public transport at ‘child fare’ rates.

Students DO NOT have to be eligible for, or in receipt of, a travel pass subsidy from Health Futures UTC to apply for this card. It is available to all 16-18 year old students through Network West Midlands.

More information about the scheme, together with costs and details about how to apply for the Photo Card, can be found at

Health Futures Travel Buddy Scheme

A number of our students choose to travel together on public transport, helping them to make friends and giving them someone to share their journey with. We do this through post code matching. If you would like to find out more please contact us using our online form by following this link