SIXTH FORM BURSARY 2020-2021
Health Futures UTC has a fund made available from the government through its funding body – Education and Skills Funding Agency (ESFA) for 16-19 year olds - to support young people to participate and benefit from Post 16 education who are vulnerable, or who are facing financial hardship which may prevent them from accessing provision.
Please note: Current students in receipt of the bursary will need to reapply for the academic year 2020-2021 using the application form above.
MAKING PAYMENTS USING PARENTPAY
At Health Futures UTC, we operate a cashless catering system, whereby all students and staff are issued with an identity card that is linked to the catering account. We use ParentPay as our secure online payment facility and an online account has been created for you so that you may regularly credit your child’s dinner money account or make one- off payments towards trips, proms etc. If you require login details to ParentPay, please email email@example.com
If you have any questions regarding ParentPay, please visit ParentPay’s FAQ page: https://www.parentpay.com/parent-account-faqs
HOW TO ACTIVATE YOUR ACCOUNT
1. Visit www.parentpay.com
2. Select Login at the top right corner of the screen
3. Enter the username and password provided above and click Login
4. Complete the activation as detailed on the screen using an email address
5. ParentPay will email you once the activation is complete.
6. You can now log in to your account.
HOW TO PAY FOR MEALS
1. When you login, the bank transfer page will appear. Select “Do not show this message
2. Select the Pay for meals option
3. Enter the amount you wish to pay (minimum is £3)
4. Select ‘Add to basket’
5. Select ‘View basket’ and ‘Pay’
6. Use a bank card to complete your payment.
HOW TO ADD A CHILD TO YOUR EXISTING PARENTPAY ACCOUNT
You are able to add up to six active children to a single ParentPay account, even if the children attend different schools (schools must use the ParentPay service).
Follow these steps:
- Log in to the account you want to use as your main account (this will become the only account you use in future).
- Select the Add a child tab on the home page.
- Enter the username and password (activation codes) provided in your activation letter.
- Select Search. Your child’s name will be listed on screen.
- Select Add to my account.
On your homepage you should now see an additional tab for the child you have added to the account.
Repeat this process for any other children you wish to add to your account – up to a maximum of 6 active children per account.
Please note: Please ensure that when adding a new child using an activation letter you have received, that you add them to your existing account where one exists.
FREE SCHOOL MEAL ENTITLEMENT
Sandwell Local Authority Education Benefits Team administer all applications for Free School Meals on behalf of Health Futures UTC. For more information, please visit: http://www.sandwell.gov.uk/info/200151/education_benefits/2176/free_school_meals
HOW TO APPLY
If you would like to apply for free school meals, please follow the steps below:
- Visit https://www.sandwell.gov.uk/forms/form/16/free_school_meals to complete an application online – this is the quickest way of applying
- Alternatively, you can collect a paper application from the reception desk and post to:
Education Benefits and Transport
P.O. Box 16230
Sandwell Council House
WHAT HAPPENS NEXT?
Sandwell Local Authority Education Benefits Team will notify you via post if you are eligible. You can contact the team on 0121 569 8186 or 0121 569 8189 to find out the status of your application. They will also notify the school of your entitlement to free meals.
STUDENTS WHO ARE ELIGIBLE
Successful applicants will receive £3.00 per day, credited to their student card, to spend in the school canteen. Lunch costs £2.00 for a main meal and £1 for a dessert. If students are in receipt of Free School Meals and would like to purchase snacks or drinks in addition to their lunch, they will need to make regular deposits on ParentPay to credit their account with the additional funds to cover the cost of this.
This is a scheme that enables 16-18 year old students to purchase a 16-18 photocard, entitling them to travel on public transport at ‘child fare’ rates. Students DO NOT have to be eligible for, or in receipt of, travel subsidy from Health Futures UTC to apply for this card. It is available to all 16-18 year old students through Network West Midlands.
For more information, please visit the Network West Midlands website: